Mix up your midweek meal repertoire with this simple and quick, yet satisfying stir fry.
This recipe is high fibre and high protein. Serves 2. Each serve contains 2900kJ (690 cals), 68g carbs, 52g protein, 20g fat and 14g fibre.
- 1 tb sesame oil
- 400g beef rump steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 100g purple cabbage, shredded
- 125-200g vermicelli rice noodles
- chia seeds or black sesame seeds to serve
Black bean marinade
- 200g black beans, drained and rinsed
- 75g dark brown soft sugar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tb salt-reduced soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- To make the marinade, add half the beans into the bowl of a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and add 50ml water, then blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and gently heat the black bean marinade until mixture becomes thick and slightly sticky, roughly 5 minutes.
- Heat a large fry pan or wok over high heat. Add the sesame oil. Add the beef, garlic and spring onions cook for 1–2 minutes. Add the marinade, the rest of the beans and cabbage. Cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes. Add the noodles and toss to combine.
- Divide between bowls and top with sesame seeds to serve.