Get creative with your beetroot recipes with these incredible bliss balls.
For extreme melt-in-your-mouth goodness, you won’t believe these bliss balls actually contain beetroot. How’s that for sneaking in an extra serve a veg into your day!
Makes roughly 16 balls. Each ball contains 372 kJ (88 cals), 14g carbs, 1g protein, 3g fat and 3g fibre.
Makes approx. 16 balls
- 1.5 cups chopped medjool dates, pitted and soaked
- ½ cup of pre-cooked beetroot, finely chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut (+ more for rolling)
Tip: Beetroot contains nitrates which can improve blood flow to the working muscles, making exercise less tiring.
How you can master this nutritious snack.
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed food processor and process until mixture forms a thick paste.
- Roll mixture into little balls and then roll the balls in the shredded coconut or crushed nuts or cocoa powder (maybe a little bit of each for variety).
- Place bliss balls in freezer in an air-tight container and leave to set for 1 hour.
- Can be stored in the freezer for 2 weeks.