With a crunchy outside and a delicious centre, these haloumi fritters are an easy weeknight dinner idea or perfect for a satisfying lunch.
This recipe is vegetarian, high protein and freezable. Makes roughly 10 fritters. Each fritter contains 442 kJ (105 cals), 9g carbs, 6g protein, 5g fat and 2g fibre.
- ½ cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 zucchinis, grated, excess moisture removed
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 1 small onion, grated, excess moisture removed
- 150g haloumi, grated
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 tb olive oil
Mint yoghurt sauce
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tb chopped mint
- 1 tb lemon juice
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Add cauliflower and cook for 6 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Using a potato masher, gently mash cauliflower.
- Add to the mashed cauliflower: egg, flour, thyme, onions, zucchini and haloumi. Mix until well combined.
- Heat fry pan over medium heat, add oil. Cook 2 heaped tablespoons of the mixture for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown and coked through. Transfer to a plate.
- For mint yoghurt sauce, combine the yoghurt, garlic, mint and lemon juice in a bowl. Serve fritters with dressing.
- Leftovers refrigerated for up to 3 days
- Store in an air-tight container and freeze for no longer than 2 months.