Cauliflower makes a great base for your favourite pizza toppings. This cauliflower pizza recipe is easy to make, grain-free and makes the perfect healthy alternative – an you won’t even taste the difference!
This recipe is vegan, vegetarian, and high in fibre. Serves 2 (makes 2 pizzas). Each serve contains 1246 kJ (290 cals), 3.5g carbs, 19g protein, 23g fat, 2g fibre.
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground thyme
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup pesto or store-bought pesto
- 2 mozzarella balls, drained
- 2 handful rocket leaves
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- ¼ cup olives, pitted, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper
- Place florets in food processor in small batches and process until mixture forms into a fine crumb. Remove from processor and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Place parmesan, oregano, thyme and eggs to cauliflower and mix until well combined.
- Divide cauliflower mixture evenly onto the centre of two baking trays lined with baking paper. Press cauliflower mixture firmly to flatten out.
- With a spatula, carefully lift the baking paper from the pan and place onto baking rack in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and top cauliflower base with pizza toppings.
- Return the pizza to the baking rack for another 10-15 minutes, until cheese has melted and lightly browned.
- Take the pizza out of the oven and cool slightly before serving.