Filled with wholesome cherries, these choc top cherry tarts taste just as good as they look! Cherries have been linked to an array of health benefits from easing post-workout soreness, anti-ageing to promoting a good night’s sleep – making these tarts the ultimate sweet treat or dessert to enjoy with a pot of herbal tea.
Makes 6 tarts. This recipe is vegan and wheat-free.
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked overnight or 5 hours)
- 2 cups cherries, pitted
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 10 dried dates, pitted
- 50g rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut oil, slightly softened
- 3 tbpn cacao
- 3 tspn maple syrup
- Combine the dates, oats, cacao, coconut oil in a food processor and process until the mixture has a dough-like consistency.
- Add a tablespoon or two of the mixture to each patty pan and press the mixture place to form a 2cm base. Place in the freezer for ten minutes, until partially set.
- Combine all cherry filling ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and mix into a smooth paste.
- Top each crust with 2-3 tablespoons of the cherry mixture. Flatten the tops and return to the freezer for 1 hour or until partially set.
- In a bowl, mix the coconut oil, cacao and maple syrup. Top each cherry tart. Place back in the freezer for 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Store in the freezer until 5-10 minutes before serving.