These chocolate treats are guaranteed to curb any sweet tooth and bust hunger pangs.
This recipe is high protein, high fibre, gluten free and freezable. Makes roughly 10 slices. Each slice contains 890 kJ (211 cals), 28g carbs, 5g protein, 8.5g fat and 4g fibre.
- ½ cup pistachio, finely chopped
- 50g cups hemp seeds
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup puffed quinoa
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tb coconut oil, melted
- 1 tb almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl combine the pistachio, hemp seeds, cocoa, puffed quinoa, pumpkin seeds and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a high-speed blender, combine dates, cranberries, coconut oil, almond butter and water.
- Add date mixture to dry ingredients and mix well using your hands. May need to add more water until texture becomes thick and sticky.
- Line a small baking dish with baking paper and evenly spread the mixture into the pan. Using your hands and fingertips firmly press the mixture into an even layer and is smooth on top.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Once set, cut into small pieces or bars. Makes roughly 10 slices.
Notes: Bars may be stored in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or can be frozen for up to 3 months.