This crispy skin salmon salad is filling and contains a rich source of omega-3 fats, protein and antioxidants vital for optimum health and vitality.
This recipe is high protein and high fibre. Serves 2. Each serve contains 2546 kJ (605 cals), 27g carbs, 36g protein, 37g fat and 8g fibre.
- 2 x 150g salmon with skin
- 1 tb olive oil
- 2 eggs, boiled
- ⅓ cup cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 6 baby kippler potatoes, unpeeled
- 8 cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 150g green beans, topped
- 1 x 120g packet baby mesclun leaves or rocket
Seeded mustard dressing
- 1 tb balsamic vinegar
- 1 tb wholegrain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2-3 tb olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Fill a saucepan with water and cook the potatoes for 12 minutes or until just tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to clean board. Cut in half.
- In the same saucepan, add the beans and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp. Transfer beans to a strainer using a slotted spoon and refresh under cold running water. (can just show beans in strainer and add text to refresh under cold water)
- Place eggs in the same saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Turn down heat to medium and simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from water, peel and halve.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and fry salmon skin side first for 5 minutes until crisp. Turn the salmon and cook for a further 3 minutes until cook through and slightly pink. Turn off the heat. Transfer to a plate and flake salmon into large pieces.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the dressing ingredients in a jug. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the potato, beans, egg, baby mesclun, tomato, and olives evenly among serving bowls. Top with crispy salmon. Drizzle over the dressing to serve.