Waiting for something special to satisfy your sweet tooth this Easter? You can’t go wrong with this delicious chocolatey treat. Made with antioxidant-rich raw cacao, whole nuts, fruit and infused with spices (and no added nasties). Delish!
Makes 12 – 14 pieces.
- ¾ cup of raw cacao
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- ½ tsp of cardamom
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup of hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup of almonds (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup of dried mulberries (or use unsweetened craisins or raisins)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Melt cacao and coconut oil in a bowl over a pot of boiling water
- Mix in cacao, cardamom, cinnamon, sea salt, and maple syrup
- Mix in nuts and mulberries to chocolate mix and coat well
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into the tray and place in fridge for about an hour or the freezer for about 20 minutes.
NOTE: Chocolate bark needs to be stored in freezer and can be removed 2-4 minutes before serving/eating.