This gluten-free loaf is filled with spinach, basil, nuts and seeds that will nourish and provide your body with a slow burning energy source to stave off mindless munching.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 free-range eggs, beaten
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tb milk of choice
- 2 cup spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tb fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup crushed walnuts, extra for topping
- 1 cup pepita seeds, extra for topping
- pinch of salt.
INGREDIENT TIP: Pepita seeds are rich in magnesium important for regulating blood sugar levels.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Line baking loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: almond meal, baking powder, salt, spinach, basil, walnuts, pepita.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: eggs, oil, milk and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into tin. Sprinkle pepita seeds and walnuts.
- Bake the loaf for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool before serving.
- Store in an air-tight container for up 5 days, or slice and freeze and use as required.
Serving suggestions. Slice and toast, serve with sliced avocado and rocket.