Looking for a nourishing, guilt-free treat? This gluten free choc and nut slice is rich in fibre, Omega-3 fats and antioxidants and makes a perfect protein-rich snack on the go.
Makes roughly 9 slices. Each slice contains 1092 kJ (260 cals), 23g carbs, 6g protein, 15g fat and 3g fibre.
- 1 cup Almonds, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Linseeds
- 1 cup Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- 1 cup Puffed Quinoa*
- 1/3 cup Honey (or desired sweetener) to taste
- 30g of dark chocolate, roughly chopped + 100g for topping, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Place the quinoa, nuts, seeds, 30g chocolate and honey in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 30-mins or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining dark chocolate.
- Once nut mixture has cooled, pour melted chocolate on top and place in the fridge to set, for roughly 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
*Puffed Quinoa is available in the health food stores.