Looking for a nourishing, guilt-free treat? This gluten free choc and nut slice is rich in fibre, Omega-3 fats and antioxidants and makes a perfect protein-rich snack on the go.
1 cup Almonds, roughly chopped
¼ cup Linseeds
1 cup Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
1 cup Puffed Quinoa*
1/3 cup Honey (or desired sweetener) to taste
30g of dark chocolate, roughly chopped + 100g for topping, melted
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
2. Place the quinoa, nuts, seeds, 30g chocolate and honey in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
3. Press the mixture into a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 30-mins or until golden brown.
4. Once cooked, remove from the oven and refrigerate until completely cooled.
5. Meanwhile, melt the remaining dark chocolate.
6. Once nut mixture has cooled, pour melted chocolate on top and place in the fridge to set, for roughly 30 minutes.
7. Slice and serve.
*Puffed Quinoa is available in the health food stores.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE GLUTEN FREE TREAT?