Everything you’re looking for in a post-workout snack. These wholefood bars boast antioxidants and slow releasing carbs to feed tired and sore muscles, as well as protein and good-for-you fats that will squash hunger and keep your tummy satisfied.
Makes roughly 12-14 bars.
- ¼ cup buckinis (raw buckwheat), optional
- 1 cup almonds or Brazil nuts
- ½ cup pepita seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup linseed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup chopped dried figs (about 5), finely chopped,
- 1 tspn matcha green tea powder
- ¼ cup honey (or desired sweetener)
- Preheat oven 160°
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Press mixture into a 20 cm square cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 30 -35 minutes or until golden. Refrigerate until completely cooled. Slice into small rectangles to serve*.
*This slice will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to one week.