Love Mexican food? As a healthier spin on the classic burrito, this is a great way to get more plant-based protein in your diet, along with plenty of veg.
This recipe is vegetarian, high protein and high fibre. Makes 4-6 burritos. Each serve contains 1675 kJ (400 cals), 45g carbs, 16g protein, 14g fat, 11g fibre.
- 4 large burrito tortillas
- 1 cooked corn cob, kernels removed (or 250g corn kernels, drained)
- 1 tb olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 250g four-bean mix or black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 cups of lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 4 tb Greek yoghurt
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tsp, coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large fry pan on medium-high heat. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onion, garlic, chilli, cumin and capsicum and cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Add cooked corn kernels, beans and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring until heated through. Fold through coriander. Turn off the heat.
- On a clean chopping board, place tortilla on top. Spoon one-quarter of the fried bean mix along the middle of the tortilla, handful of shredded lettuce and grated cheese and a dollop of yoghurt. Folding in the left and ride, followed by the top and bottom side, and roll the tortilla, tucking it in tight as you roll.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat a fry-pan over medium heat, and gently char each tortilla on one side for 30 sec to 1 minute and transfer on plate.
- Cut each tortilla in half and serve with salsa.