Made with just four simple ingredients, these pancakes make a nutritious brekkie-in-bed treat for a happy mummy on Mother’s Day.
With a healthy dose of protein, fibre, and the natural sweeteness of fresh fruit, they’ll power up the metabolism and satisfy the sweet cravings.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tb chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup raspberries (can use frozen)
- 2 tsp maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- To prepare the coulis, place the raspberries, 1 tbsp water and sweetener in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cook for approximately 5-8 minutes or until mixture thickens and forms a sauce-like consistency.
- To prepare the pancakes, smash the banana in a bowl.Combine with eggs and mix well.
- Add almond meal, chia, baking powder and cinnamon, mix well.
- Heat a pan over a low-medium heat and spray a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil (less if using non-stick pan). Spoon pancake batter into roughly 5cm rounds onto pan and flatten slightly with the back of your spoon.
- Cook each side for roughly one minute.
- Serve and enjoy with coulis and a dollop of natural yoghurt (optional).