Show Mum how sweet you are with this no-bake Citrus Cashew Cream Tart on Mother’s Day. It’s made with buckinis (raw buckwheat) – a gluten free seed rich in protein with all essential amino acids. Buckinis are especially high in Lysine, Tryptophan and Arginine, and are a good source of fibre. This sweet treat is also dairy and gluten free.
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1 cup of bukinis (raw buckwheat)
- ¼ cup of shredded coconut
- ½ cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 5 medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 cups of soaked cashews (soak in hot water for 2+ hours)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup of cacao butter (if you don’t have this, you can substitute for coconut oil)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of honey/maple syrup or desired sweetener
- 1 cup of raspberries (can use frozen)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of water
- Place raw cashews in a bowl, cover with boiled water and leave overnight (if possible) or 2+ hours.
- Line a 20cm spring form pan with baking paper and set aside.
- In a food processor add almonds, shredded coconut, half the buckinis, dates, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and process until well combined (may take a few of minutes).
- Place mixture in a bowl and mix in the rest of the buckinis.
- Press the base mixture firmly into the base of the lined pan and set aside in fridge while you make the filling.
- Place all of the filling ingredients into the food processor and process until you get a smooth, creamy consistency. This could take a little while depending on the power and speed of your processor. You may have to stop and stir the mixture a couple of times.
- Pour mixture into pan over base and set in freezer for 4 hours if in a rush, ideally overnight is best.
- For the raspberry puree, place all topping ingredients into a saucepan over very low heat and allow to cook while frequently stirring for about 8 minutes. Then place mixture in a blender/food processor and use a hand stick blender to create a puree.
- 15 minutes before serving, remove tart from freezer and top with raspberry coulis, fresh berries, and flower petals for decoration.
Storage Tip: store in the freezer for up 7 days, or keep in fridge for a softer texture and consume within 2 days.