Turn an old favourite snack combo into a nourishing breakie! Quick and easy, this Peanut Butter and Sultana Porridge recipe is packed with good fats and fibre to leave you satisfied and prevent those unwanted sugar cravings!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond milk or milk of your choice
- ½-3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp good quality peanut butter (use 100% peanuts, avoid brands with added sugar, oils and salt)
- 1 tbsp sultanas, raisins or currants
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey or sweetener of your choice
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil then stir continuously for 3-5 minutes or until desired consistency is formed.
- To thicken cook for longer or too make a runnier porridge add some more almond milk or water.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is:
- Low GI
- Soy free
- Dairy free
- Wheat free
- Gluten free (if gluten free oats are used)
Nutritional Analysis per serve