Made from a mix of nut butter, wholegrain oats, dates, coconut and a little honey, these peanut butter protein balls couldn’t be any easier to make. Perfect as a 3pm snack and for warding off hunger pains in between meals.
Makes roughly 15 balls. Each ball contains 583 kJ (140 cals), 10g carbs, 4g protein, 8g fat and 2g fibre.
- 3/4 cup peanut or almond butter (additive free)
- 2 tbsp honey or desired sweetener
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut, extra for rolling
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 Medjool dates, pitted
- Remove the pit from dates and set aside.
- Place dates, peanut butter, honey, oats, coconut and salt into a high speed blender and pulse until mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb.
- Dampen hands slightly with water, then use hands to press and shape the mixture into balls. Then roll balls onto a plate of coconut to coat the balls.
- Place the balls into the fridge to set (minimum three hrs). Makes roughly 20 balls.
Store in air-tight container in the fridge for up to 14 days.