Made from a mix of nut butter, wholegrain oats, dates, coconut and a little honey, these peanut butter protein balls couldn’t be any easier to make. Perfect as a 3pm snack and for warding off hunger pains in between meals.
- 3/4 cup peanut or almond butter (additive free)
- 2 tbsp honey or desired sweetener
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut, extra for rolling
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 Medjool dates, pitted
- Remove the pit from dates and set aside.
- Place dates, peanut butter, honey, oats, coconut and salt into a high speed blender and pulse until mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb.
- Dampen hands slightly with water, then use hands to press and shape the mixture into balls. Then roll balls onto a plate of coconut to coat the balls.
- Place the balls into the fridge to set (minimum three hrs). Makes roughly 20 balls.
Store in air-tight container in the fridge for up to 14 days.