These fast and fresh pork mince parcels has all of the taste of the traditional Chinese dish, and is very easy to make.
This recipe is high protein and low carb. Serves 4.
- 500g pork mince
- 2 tsp sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 large knob of ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tb coriander, finely chopped
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 2 x baby cos lettuce
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ red capsicum, julienne
- 2 tb sesame seeds to garnish
- Heat a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil. Add the ginger, garlic and chilli and cook for 2–3 minutes or until crisp and fragrant.
- Add the pork and cook for 3–4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add the carrot and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until cooked and tender.
- Add the oyster sauce and stir pork mixture until evenly coated. Cook for further 2 minutes.
- Divide the pork mixture between the lettuce cups. Top with the capsicum, cucumber and coriander and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately with soy sauce and lime zest/juice.
- For added flavour, mix in 220g can water chestnuts, drained, thinly sliced to the pork mixture until heated through.
- Leftovers refrigerated for up to 3 days.