Rich and creamy, without the saturated fat compared to a traditional carbonara. Teamed with omega-3 rich prawns for an added protein boost.
- 10-12 green king prawns
- Spray oil
- 170g spaghetti (85g each serve)
- 3 egg yolks
- Handful parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated, extra for garnish
- 1 tb olive oil
- ½ lemon freshly squeezed
- Shell and de-vein the prawns, keeping tails intact. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, spray with oil, fry the prawns until just cooked, roughly 2 minutes each side. Set aside, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil over medium to high heat. Cook pasta for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Reserve ½ cup of cooking liquid and drain the pasta. Return the pasta to the pan on low heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolk and season with salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture to the pan and gentle fold through the pasta with remaining cooking liquid. Be careful not scramble the egg.
- Gently top the pasta with cooked prawns, and gently fold through the pasta. Sprinkle the parsley, grated parmesan and drizzle olive oil, squeeze quarter of a lemon. Gently toss to mix through.
- Serve and season with salt and pepper extra lemon and parmesan.