Nothing but natural ingredients, including bananas and whole grain oats, this power packed cookie will see you through your 3 PM slump or post-recovery snack.
Makes 14-15 cookies
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 5 medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 3 tb pepita seeds
- ¼ cup protein or hemp powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil and maple syrup and whisk until mixture is combined and thickens.
- Add smashed banana, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Fold through the oats, coconut, dates, pepita, and protein powder until evenly mixed. Sit for 5 minutes to allow the oats to soften and soak up the flavours.
- Use a tablespoon of dough and gently form a ball with your hands.
- Place the balls on a lined baking tray and press lightly to shape into cookies.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.