Stuck on healthy breakfast ideas? Give this delicious and filling Pumpkin and Feta Breakfast Frittata a try. It’s packed with protein, and can be served with a slice of wholegrain sourdough to make it a great pre or post workout meal.
Serves 1. Each serve contains 1513 kJ, 16g carbs, 23g protein, 22g fat, 5g fibre.
- 150g butternut pumpkin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sumac (optional)
- 1 small handful spinach, shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2tbsp milk or milk alternative
- 1 tsp pine nuts
- 40g feta
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the pumpkin (this can be done in advance) – cut into 1cm cubes and toss with olive oil and sumac. Bake for 20 minutes in 180 degree Celsius oven or until tender.
- Spray small saucepan with cooking spray then layer with pumpkin pieces and sprinkle with spinach.
- Combine milk and egg, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the top and sprinkle with broken feta and pine nuts.
- Cook until edges start to bubble.
- Place under grill for 2 minutes or until top is golden.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is: