Packed with hunger-busting protein, this raw beetroot salad can still be a part of your light meals repertoire.
This recipe is high protein, high fibre and vegetarian. Serves 2. Each serve contains 2252 kJ (536 cals), 37g carbs, 29g protein, 29g fat and 23g fibre.
- 250g whole baby beetroot, pre-packed, drained, quartered
- 1 small radicchio, leaves separated and roughly torn
- 2 cups mixed rocket and spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 100g sweet solanato tomatoes, halved
- 2 tb sunflower seeds
- 3 tb Dukkah
- 100g bocconcini, roughly chopped or torn apart
- 1 tb olive oil
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ to 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tb chopped fresh mint or coriander, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Arrange all salad ingredients, excluding nuts and seeds onto a large bowl.
- In a small screw-top jar, add olive oil, lime juice, mustard, herbs and garlic and shake to combine to make dressing.
- Drizzle dressing over salad vegetables and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with dukkah and sunflower seeds and season with black pepper and serve immediately.