Possibly the quickest, simplest and healthiest dessert you’ve ever come across. Made with creamy, avocados for a rich flavour and velvety texture, mixed with hazelnut for added crunch and raspberries for a fruity twang.
This raw chocolate mousse is a healthy treat you can enjoy every day and not feel the least bit guilty about it.
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- 3-5 tbs honey
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, crushed
- Halve the avocados, remove the stones and peel, put flesh in a food processor or high-speed blender. Add the cacao powder, a good squeeze of fresh lime juice and honey.
- Process until well combined and mixture forms a thick puree and appears velvety in texture. Add more juice or honey as desired.
- Scoop mixture into 4 serving glasses and place in the fridge to set for at least 1-hour before eating.
- Once ready to serve, garnish with raspberries, crushed hazelnuts and a drizzle of honey to taste.