This delicious chicken salad is low in calories and rich in nutrients, including iron to assist in red blood cell production, which help to carry oxygen around the body for an added workout boost.
This recipe is high protein, high fibre and gluten free. Serves 2. Each serve contains 2403kJ (572 cals), 16g carbs, 51g protein, 31g fat and 11g fibre.
- 200g Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 250g chicken breast
- 2 tb lime juice
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 corn cob
- 1 baby cos, roughly chopped
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tb chipotle seasoning or chili flakes
- 1 tb lime juice
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Trim bases of sprouts and halve lengthways. In a large mixing bowl, add brussel sprouts, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, one chopped garlic clove and paprika, and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread on tray in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, toss, and bake for a further 8-10 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the two tablespoons of lime juice and remaining chopped garlic. Add the chicken; turn to coat and season with salt and pepper. Cover and rest in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Make the chilli yoghurt. Combine all yoghurt ingredients in a small bowl and chill until ready to serve.
- Pre-heart grill pan on medium-high heat. Drizzle with one tablespoon of olive oil and grill the sweet corn for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred. Transfer corn to a plate.
- In the same fry pan, grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Transfer onto a plate. For extra juicy chicken, sear the chicken for a few minutes on each side and pop in the oven for the last 10 minutes of roasting the brussel sprouts.
- Remove brussel sprouts from oven.
- To serve, slice the chicken, remove the corn kernels and arrange the brussel sprouts, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce and pepita seeds. Drizzle with chilli yoghurt dressing.
- Garnish lime wedges and coriander.