Need a standout Taco recipe? Filled with sesame crusted pork and crispy apple salad, and topped with a creamy yoghurt dressing, these pork tacos are not only refreshing and light, but super easy to throw together for a quick taco night dinner or summer entertaining.
- 450g pork (roughly 2 fillets)
- 1 tb olive oil
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tb honey
- 2 tb hoisin sauce
- 350g watercress, trimmed (or spinach leaves)
- 1/3 cup Thai basil or coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1 small green apple, thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 wholemeal mini tortilla wraps
- Plain Greek Yoghurt for topping (optional)
- Coriander and lime for serving
- 2 tb fresh lemon, juiced
- 2 tb salt-reduced soy sauce or tamari
- 2 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 fresh small red chili, deseeded, chopped finely (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the hoisin sauce and honey and whisk to combine. Place the pork in the marinade mix and turn to coat the pork. Chill for about 15 minutes to marinate. Once chilled, remove from fridge and allow to return to room temperature before cooking (roughly 5 minutes).
- Scatter sesame seeds on a plate. Press pork fillets into seeds to coat 1 side.
- Heat an ovenproof fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and sear each fillet all over for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining marinade and a splash of water, then cover with foil and roast for 15 minutes until it’s cooked through. Once cooked, remove from oven and pan, allow to rest on board, covered loosely with foil, for 5 minutes. Slice thickly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Combine watercress, basil, apple and onion in a bowl and mix to combine.
- To prepare the dressing, add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour over salad mix.
- To toast the tortillas, heat a fry pan over low-medium heat and lightly toast each tortilla for 1 minute on each side. Repeat with each tortilla and divide onto serving plates.
- Assemble each tortilla with salad and sliced pork and drizzle with yoghurt, squeeze of lemon and garnish with coriander.