Let your slow-cooker do all the work. These flavour-packed, bite-size sliders make the perfect party appetisers, or double them up to make a main dish.
Did you know?
- Onions contain prebiotic fibres for good gut health
- Pork is a valuable source of iron
- Extra virgin olive oil helps to reduce inflammation in the body
- 1 – 1.5kg pork shoulder, boneless, skinless
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tb salt
- 2 tb paprika
- 2 tb mustard powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tb maple syrup
- 3 onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tb balsamic vinegar
- Spinach leaves
- Sourdough buns
- Vegetable relish of choice
- Place onions in slow cooker, add the oil, salt and balsamic vinegar.
- To make the rub, combine salt, mustard powder, maple syrup, garlic, paprika and massage the marinade all over the meat.
- Place pork in slow cooker on top of onions, add water and slow cook for a minimum of 5 hours on high or low for 8 hours, checking every now and then to turn pork over in the juices.
- Once slow cooker has turned off, remove pork from the pot and allow to rest for 5 minutes and pull apart using two forks.
- To assemble the burgers, layer the pulled pork, onions, spinach and relish on wholegrain buns and serve immediately.