Nothing screams summer like BBQ prawns. Teamed with a light and tasty salsa for a unique and refreshing twist.
Serves 2. Each prawn contains 135 kJ; 0g carbs, 4g protein, 2g fat and 0g fibre.
- 12 green king prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left intact
- 4 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 1 tb smoked paprika
- 1 tb Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¾ tsp thyme or lemon thyme
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tb extra virgin olive oil
Mango salsa (optional)
- 2 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, destoned and diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 handful coriander, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Place the prawns in a large bowl and combine with marinade and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to infuse flavours.
- When ready to cook, preheat barbecue or grill fry pan to medium-high heat. Lift prawns out of marinade and thread 3 prawns on to each bamboo skewer. Season prawns with a little salt and cook prawns for 2-3 minutes, turning once.
- Serve prawn skewers with mango salsa and fresh lemon wedges. Garnish with coriander. Enjoy with a wholegrain flat bread (optional).