These healthy turkey burgers come together fast and will help satisfy that primal craving for meat without weighing you down.
This recipe is high protein and freezable. Serves: 4-6. Each burger contains 2150kJ; 52g carbs, 40g protein, 14g fat and 7.5g fibre.
- 1 tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 500g lean turkey mince
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp sumac
- ½ tsp cumin or cumin seeds
- Handful chopped coriander
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 whole grain dinner rolls, split, toasted.
- Mixed salad, sliced Qukes®, lettuce, store-bought caramalised onion
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a large bowl, mix together the turkey mince, quinoa flakes, onion, garlic, turmeric, sumac, cumin, coriander and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Combine well with your hands, and then shape into 6 flat burger patties.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat. Add oil and cook burgers for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Assemble patties on toasted whole grain burger buns and layer with salad, such as sliced Qukes®, lettuce and caramalised onion.