Enhance your favourite falafel recipe with turmeric and chickpeas to assist your workouts.
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 large zucchini, grated, excess moisture removed.
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
Tip: Turmeric contains curcumin which may help to reduce exercise-induced inflammation.
How you can roll together these protein-packed snacks
- In a high-speed blender, add chickpeas, dill, turmeric, cumin, pinch of salt and pepper and process until roughly chopped.
- Whisk milk and eggs in a jug.
- Place flour in a mixing bowl. Gradually pour milk mixture to flour, whisking until smooth. Stir in chickpea mixture and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the mixture into little balls and coat in panko bread crumbs
- Heat a large fry pan over medium to high heat, spray oil and cook balls in batches for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm
- Serve with salad/lettuce cups or chutney.