Embrace the seafood tradition and enjoy a meat-free feast this Good Friday with omega-3 rich salmon.
- 4 x 160-180g Petuna Atlantic salmon fillets, skin on, pin-boned
- 3/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 baby fennel bulbs, trimmed, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (half lime squeezed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (half lime squeezed)
- 2 tbsp capers, drained, finely chopped
- 3 tspn wholegrain mustard
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- For the walnut crust, combine all ingredients except for the salmon in a small bowl. Mix well to ensure all the walnuts are coated.
- Place the walnut mixture on top of each piece of salmon, pressing firmly to form a nice crust coating.
- Transfer onto an oven tray and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the fennel, yoghurt, lemon juice, capers and mustard in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Divide the fennel mixture among serving plates. Top with the salmon and serve with lemon wedges.